Budding entrepreneurs in Sittingbourne are being offered the chance to bring their ideas to life.
Lloyds Bank has launched its 2014 Enterprise Awards and is searching for the best student and graduate entrepreneurial talent in an effort to celebrate and recognise the top businesses of tomorrow.
The Awards are in their third year and are open to entrepreneurs currently studying at university or those who have graduated with the past five years and have been trading for at least one year.
The initiative has been welcomed by local MP Gordon Henderson who is urging local youngsters to enter the awards.
Mr Henderson said:
‘Britain’s economic future will be in the hands of the next generation of businessmen and women. They will be providing the jobs for tomorrow’s workers so I very much welcome this initiative by Lloyds Bank to encourage entrepreneurs to deliver their ideas to the market place.
‘We have some incredibly bright youngsters in Sittingbourne and Sheppey and there is no reason why one of them should not win the top prize of £50,000. But, as always, to win it they need to be in it, so I would urge anyone who is interested to submit an application now.’
The prizes in the competition are:-
The winners of the heats for Best Start-up, Best Digital and Best enterprise will benefit from one-to-one business mentoring and will be awarded with prizes up to £5,000.
The Grand Final will be held in October and prizes will include:
- £10,000 for the overall Best Start-Up
- £50,000 for the Overall Best Enterprise
- Time with several leading industry digital market experts for the Overall Best Digital (worth over £10,000)
- Senior Executive mentoring
- All winners will receive expert legal advice from LawNet.
Young entrepreneurs can enter if:
- They founded or co-founded their own business and are currently a student or have graduated in the last five years.
- They are over 18 years of age.
- Their business has been trading for more than a year.
Andrew Deeley, the founder of Innov8 on Sheppey, which helps people become entrepreneurs added:
“It’s great to see Lloyds encouraging young talented people in this way. Working closely with local entrepreneurs, we know that there is certainly no shortage of talent and so we hope to see a good number of entrants. If anyone would like help with their entry then they may contact me at email@example.com