See what Teynham Library has to offer!Reading and sharing stories is one of the most important things you can do to help your child succeed. Children who are familiar with books and stories are better prepared before they start school. Reading together is fun and helps build relationships.
It is never too early to join the library! Babies can join at one day old.
Parents or carers of babies, toddlers and young children (0-5) will find a treasure trove of books and support to help their child fulfil their potential:
- You can borrow books free of charge for up to three weeks at a time.
- We do not charge fines for books loaned on a pre-school child library card.
- Board books that come in all shapes and sizes. Some make noises, some pop up and some you can even have in the bath. We know that sometimes they are quite tasty to chew on, so we do not charge parents if a book is damaged!
- Picture books with colourful pages and new words for your child to learn.
- Nursery rhymes that encourage listening and familiarity.
- Books and information to support parents and carers, from baby name books through to feeding your toddler.
- Library cards for registered child minders and playgroup leaders allow up to 20 books to be borrowed for eight weeks at a time.
|Monday||2.00pm - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am - 12 noon|
|Wednesday||2.00pm - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||9.30am - 12 noon|
|Saturday||10.00am - 2.00pm|
- Disabled access
- Saturday, some evening opening
- Internet computers
- Online catalogue
- Childrens library
- Audio books
- Out-of-hours returns - letter box on the main entrance door