Local Plan Delivery Milestones
I have some more detailed forecasts for the major housing sites on the housing page
Phase 1 - 2011-2015/16
- Sittingbourne town centre regeneration moving beyond convenience food phases into other town centre regeneration objectives.
- Master planning process and securing planning permissions for NW Sittingbourne complete, possibly contributing some completions
Phase 2 - 2016-2020/21
- Sittingbourne town centre regeneration securing wider regeneration objectives, including comparison shopping, new leisure, cultural and civic facilities and improvements to publicrealm. New town centre housing being provided.
- Employment completions at Eurolink V on-going. Land to the south of Kemsley Mill commences and extension to Milton Creek Country park secured.
- Planning and delivery processes for final phase of Sittingbourne Northern Relief Road commences.
- Completions continue at NW Sittingbourne and commence at Stones Farm.
- Commencement and completion of new secondary school for Sittingbourne and provision of primary schools on-going.
- Infrastructure improvements at Key Street and Grovehurst A249 junctions, Lower Road and minor interim project at Junction 5 of M2 completed.
Phase 3 - 2021-2025/26
- Closing phases of Sittingbourne town centre regeneration, with new housing offer for the Borough. Planning permission secured for housing at Milton Pipes site.
- Completions on-going at NW Sittingbourne, Stones Farm and Teynham sites. New schools, health facilities and other facilities emerging to support growth.
- Sittingbourne Northern Relief Road - Bapchild Link, under-construction.
Phase 4 - 2026-2030/31
- Sites at NW Sittingbourne and Teynham sites largely complete. Services and facilities now largely in place. Stones Farm development in concluding phase.
- Sittingbourne Northern Relief Road - Bapchild Link, complete.