The Prince’s Trust are recruiting for Talent Match Mentors in Swale
Talent Match is an innovative project funded by the Big Lottery Fund matching long-term unemployed young people to employment and training opportunities.
Talent Match is a flexible five-year project that will continually review and respond to changes in the political and economic environment in each area. Programme design is led by panels of young people, embedded in the Core Partnership groups, with direct experience of the specific issues in their location.
The Prince's Trust is the lead delivery partner in the South East and will be managing the delivery of the programme through local delivery partners. More information about the project can be found at www.princes-trust.org.uk/about_the_trust/talent_match/talent_match_south_east
As a Talent Match Mentor you’ll make a real difference to the lives of young people by providing them with one-to-one support, guidance, encouragement and inspiration.
This role will involve:
- Meeting on a regular basis with a young person from The Prince’s Trust target groups to help them to identify goals and work towards them
- Providing the young person with focus and support to move into education, employment, training or volunteering
- Providing guidance on employability and job search issues, including supporting with CV writing, completing application forms and job interview preparation
- Providing the young person with motivation and encouragement when they are in work or training
- Where necessary, supporting them with other issues such as housing, benefits or childcare by signposting them to other services and sources of support, both within The Prince’s Trust and externally
How much time do I need to give?
As a Talent Match Mentor, you’ll ideally commit to support The Prince’s Trust for around four to six hours per month. You will mentor each young person for up to six months. Meeting times can be flexible.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, would like more information about Talent Match South East, or can aid in promoting the volunteer vacancy above then please contact Andrew Stickells on 07436797258 or Andrew.Stickells@princes-trust.org.uk